2023-07-03

Mysterious Tides #1.51

A short PbP interlude featuring Ragnar in Piper's Quay. On-going GURPS adventures set in the beautiful and evocative Bay of Spirits setting by Randy M. at Roan Studios.

GURPS: Mysterious Tides
Session 001.51

The Streets of Piper’s Quay

June 12-22, 2023

Ragnar makes his way from the Windbreak Inn in hopes of finding some clues or information on anything that might have to do with the murder of his father. 


He moves about through the hustle and bustle of the working fishing village. There are people everywhere and it seems many of them don't have time or desire to talk. 


Though he does not know any of them personally, Ragnar knows that Laird Sinann leads the clan that rules this area. Maybe one of the Sinann's could help him. Laird Sinann's lodge is the largest building in the village. a large A-frame structure at the far end of town. Then there are two merchants he is somewhat familiar with, Shadwell the salvage seller and Santha the Merchant.


Ragnar Rocht stops in town and looks around, frustrated at the lack of help or information. With a sigh he sees the Lairds lodge and heads that way.


Eamon the Leatherworker

As he makes his way toward the Laird’s Lodge, he is stopped by a familiar face. “Greetings, Ragnar, was it?” the man calls. Ragnar knows this man to be Eamon Greythorn, the local leatherworker. “I thought I saw you in town earlier. I was hoping to catch up with you. I think I can use your help.”


“Good day to you, Eamon. It’s good to see you. Been a while. As it happens, I might could use your help as well. My Da … I came home from a hunting trip to find him … murdered. Killed. The house was tossed about too. Best I could make out, maybe 3 or 4 folks were about there. I’ve no idea why, can’t be food as Da would’ve gladly fed them. Seems they were looking for something. Killed the dogs too. Anyway, that’s why I’m in town, tracked them here but now … I’m a woodsman, not townfolk. Not sure where to go now. You wouldn’t have happened to hear or see anything that might help, would you?”


Eamon’s face drops. “I am so sorry to hear that, my friend. Your father was a good man. Known him for years. I know it may seem that yer Da didn’t much like us Piper’s Quay folk, truth is, we all knew Rogan Rocht from years back, before you was born. Good man, the best sort. I be happy to help in any way I can. You know what, now that you mention it, I have seen some strangers around recently. Seen a couple of Southern fellows talking with that bastard, Svent Varem. Not sure what it be about, but I know it’s nothing good.” 


“I sure hope you find what you’re looking for, though I fear that you may find more of what no one wants to find. Please, come by my shop if you are in need of any quality leatherworking,” Eamon says with a slight nod, placing his hand on Ragnar’s shoulder. “Be well, my friend.”


“Thank you, Eamon, for you information and kind thoughts.” With a farewell nod Ragnar moves off to find that bastard, as Eamon put it. Svent Varem. 


Ragnar wanders around Piper’s Quay a bit, but being that he is not too fond of townsfolk ways, he does not find any leads. Finally, he decides to call it quits for the day and figure out where he is staying for the night. He can curl up with his blanket somewhere on the ground or maybe find a bed to sleep in for the night.


Session Notes

Just a short Continuing Story Play-by-Post segment between sessions #1 and 2 featuring the grieving son, Ragnar.


Cast of Characters:

Ragnar Rocht, avenging ranger - played by Stephen K

and GMJasonGURPS as the DM








No comments:

Post a Comment