2021-11-08

Mysteries of Mystara 003T

Mysteries of Mystara
Session 003T

From Talyn's Point of View

211107

Contemplating Names, Friends, Maces, and Fey


In the morning Talyn met with Father Berabellus where the old priest gave them some holy water and some kind of spell scroll. He also blessed the party. Once that was done the company moved on to meet the Gray Company mercenaries. 


Thinking to himself, "we really need to come up with a name for this group, something like the heroes of wherever, nah that would just mean someone would shout it all over and wouldn't that be embarrassing?"


We meet up with Cass, Lev, and another young woman they introduce as Ilya the Red. Apparently Panya and Ilya know one another and start up a conversation that seems like it will be a bother, so I just moved the group along. Maybe I shouldn't have done that, I mean bold action is the Vanyian way, but I want to be different, better than that. Maybe I should have let Ilya and Panaya talk it out.


We get back to the keep and enter through the same entrance. Malachai and Dak both indicate movement in one of the buildings and we go to investigate. Opening The door and entering the room beyond I find a bunch of undead and take action to engage the creatures. I did not expect my companions to pull back through the door, but fortunately it worked as the zombies stupidly followed them allowing me to engage the Wight in the room. After spending several seconds dancing with the dead thing, my companions finally entered and we ended the fight. Not sure these mercenaries were worth the cost, or maybe it's just Lucky didn't seem to negotiate very hard. 


The mercs seemed a bit battered and were complaining about being hard pressed. Panya had some words for the woman in orange as she apparently did nothing during that fight? Also, if I'm going to be travelling with these people for long, I probably need to start training with them in tactics. That could have gone disastrously wrong.


After resting and patching up the mercs we continued on into the next building where a small dog growled menacingly at us. I tossed it some of my dried meat and that seemed to appease the beast. Which was good while Vanya teaches that anything that dares to bare fangs at you should be put down, I just don't think everything needs to be met with steel.


Pushing on we once again descended into the darkness that was the basement of the old keep. We found an old stinky cistern, some abandoned rooms, an old prison, and some more of those shadow things that while they hit us in sneak attacks didn't stay and fight. 


All in all after finding the mace and gold the keep is turning out to be disappointing.The group then moved to climb the tower stairs and after some maneuvering and helping each other up over the hole finally found the ghost. It is apparently a banshee mourning the loss of its children. 


We engaged it, but after a few rounds of combat and some chatter by the ghost my companions wanted to back off and find another solution. While I know what Vanya would want me to do I decided to see where this was going and let my companions try their way. I mean we can always come back and bash the banshee later. Besides, it doesn't have to be all fighting all the time does it? Taking the banshees chatter about her babies to mean we needed to find them to put her to rest we went back down the stairs and started searching for the bones.


While we were searching Malachai had a chat with the dog and apparently it is not just a dog, but a magic blink dog. Also he seemed to have some kind of gift for it. Fae are kind of weird are they not? Anyway after a while we found the bones under the undead willow tree and buried them. I voiced my opinion that we should take them to the banshee and put them to bed, but the group wanted to bury them. I still think that is the wrong idea and we will probably have to bash the banshee and the little ghosts too now.I thought it was quite obvious that we needed to reunite the ghosts and the children were haunting their bones, but I'll let this play out. So, now we wait. I wonder how long the mercs will stay or if they will head back to town before sunset?



Session Notes

This was an In Character report from our last session (not posted yet, not done putting it together). Talyn is a young and naïve Celestial that has recently escaped from the Cult of Vanya. He was being trained as a holy avenger but chaffed under the strict training and dogma. Now out wandering the world, the young, glowing warrior tries to fit in with a strange and eclectic group of companions, but has no real skill to do so.


Cast of Characters:

Talyn Dilectus Vanyilam, teenage Celestial warrior on the run - played by Don K

and GMJasonGURPS as the DM










No comments:

Post a Comment